Section 73 FAQs

How does this relate to my Development Application?

Your local council requires a Development Application unless your proposal is classed as exempt. Most developments affect Sydney Water’s water and/or sewer systems and therefore require you to obtain a Section 73 Certificate. You will need to obtain your certificate where it is a condition of consent, along with meeting all other conditions of consent before you receive final council approval to occupy the building or register your subdivision at the Land Titles Office.